For the true candle addicts out there, you might have quite a few accessories at home for the perfect candle experience. Some tools might seem useless at first, but on the long run, they are all worth purchasing. One of these supplies is definitely the candle snuffer. You might have not heard of it yet, but candle snuffers become more and more popular in recent years. So, if you also plan on buying one, this article is for you. Let’s see why use a candle snuffer with your favourite scented candles.
What is a candle snuffer?
A candle snuffer is made for extinguishing candles. With a bell-shaped end, when putting it on top of your candle, it prevents the flame from receiving oxygen which simply puts the candle out. Obviously, they are made of metal to be safe to keep and use around fire. You can easily find unique ones made of stainless steel, iron or brass. Regarding the colours, it is usually either black, silver or gold. They look really elegant and would also fit as nice decoration next to your candles on the dresser or coffee table.
Why use a candle snuffer?
Now that you know what a candle snuffer is, let’s see why it is beneficial to use one. It is a logical question as simply blowing out a candle seems perfectly fine for most people. Below you can find quite a few reasons explaining why that is not the best choice.
First of all, using a candle snuffer is safer than simply blowing the candles out. By blowing out your candle, you can risk your hair and clothing getting on fire in the process. Furthermore, it is also more convenient. Using a candle snuffer will prevent any wax splatter on your table and wall around as well as excessive soot being produced.
These features already make it pretty comfortable to use, but the most important is yet to come. You must have noticed that simply blowing out a candle results in a strong smell of smoke. This makes the use of scented candles pretty useless as the smoke smell will kill the nice fragrance in a few seconds. This can also be avoided with a candle snuffer which prevents smoke altogether. This way you can still enjoy the perfect fragrance even after putting your candle out.
8 biggest benefits of owning a candle snuffer:
- Safety: Using a candle snuffer helps to extinguish a candle's flame safely and quickly, reducing the risk of accidental fires.
- Soot control: Snuffing out a candle's flame with a snuffer can help to reduce the amount of soot that is released into the air, keeping your home cleaner and reducing the need for cleaning.
- Preservation of scent: Snuffing out a candle's flame with a snuffer can help to preserve the scent of the candle, as blowing out the flame can disrupt the scent molecules.
- Prolonged candle life: Using a candle snuffer can help to prolong the life of your candle by preventing the wick from getting too short and preventing the wax from getting too hot.
- Aesthetic appeal: Candle snuffers can add a touch of elegance to any candle-lighting ritual and make a great addition to any home décor.
- Easy to use: Candle snuffers are easy to use and can be operated with one hand, making them a convenient addition to your candle lighting routine.
- Variety of styles: Candle snuffers come in a variety of styles and materials, from classic metal designs to sleek modern styles, making it easy to find one that complements your home décor.
- Cost-effective: Candle snuffers are a cost-effective way to keep your candles burning safely and efficiently, and they are a small investment that can save you money in the long run by prolonging the life of your candles.
Other useful tools for candles
After all the information on candle snuffers, you might ask the question whether there are other tools out there for candles. Well, obviously there are quite a few. One of the most useful ones you could find out there is a candle trimmer. It is pretty important as by trimming your candle, you can avoid most problems, such as tunnelling or candle flickering.
All things considered, you can see that using a candle snuffer is the smart choice. Not only is it safe and practical, it also functions as nice decoration. Given that it is a one-time purchase, it is definitely worth it!